Next Enrollment Period: April 1 - 16, 2022
Adult English Level 3
ELP: Level 3 / NRS: Level 4
This course is for learners with low intermediate English language proficiency.
Level Goals: This course works to build English skills and strategies so that students can communicate about a broader range of topics (daily life, data) and with a variety of methods (analysis, comparison, suggestion) used in various formal and informal settings.
Level Objectives: Through individual and group activities, students will practice:
● identifying and using formal vocabulary on concrete and abstract topics
● scanning for key information in real-life documents and graphically organized texts
● organizing and delivering short oral presentations on specific and more general topics
● writing multi-paragraph texts on varied topics and short genres
● recognizing and using complex verb tense forms, clauses, and structures
● distinguishing between voiced and voiceless sounds; recognizing natural speech phenomena in controlled oral tasks
● engaging in conversations and oral descriptions on a wide range of informal and formal topics of interest
● reviewing common conversational routines
Assessment: Students’ performance will be assessed based on their participation in classroom activities, homework, and performance in formative and summative in-class assessments.
NOTE: The above course goals and objectives by level are aligned with the English Language Proficiency Standards for Adult Education (the New NRS and ELL Descriptors and the Revised Educational Functioning Level Descriptors). .
Copyright © 2021 The Philadelphia English Language Institute - All Rights Reserved. Former Philadelphia School of Languages, Philadelphia Language Center, Wizard. AL Language Consultants Center for Business LLC. BCE, Better Communities through Education - USA
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder