Next Enrollment Period: April 1 - 16, 2022
Adult English Level 2
ELP: Level 2 / NRS: Level 3
This course is for learners with high beginning English language proficiency.
Level Goals: This course focuses on adding key details and descriptions to short verbal and written exchanges about daily life, major events, and work, as well as common problems associated with these familiar topics.
Level Objectives: Through individual and group activities, students will practice:
● recognizing the main topic and key details in spoken texts such as descriptive and factual information about current and past actions, as well as in short, commonly encountered written documents
● composing short, descriptive and expository paragraphs with attention to paragraph organization and cohesion
● interacting in social exchanges with special focus on asking questions, showing understanding, clarifying meaning and giving advice/recommendations.
● delivering short, descriptive oral presentations
● comparatively using various core verb tense forms, as well as some adverbs and modals with increasing awareness of their pragmatic uses
● recognizing and pronouncing syllabic stress and pragmatic intonation patterns in questions
● participating in conversations about everyday topics, as well as formal topics of common interest or relevance (e.g. major events, employment history, solving common problems)
● engaging in common conversational routines by listening actively and responding appropriately
Assessment: Students’ performance will be assessed based on their participation in classroom activities, homework completion, and performance in formative and summative in-class assessments.
NOTE: The above course goals and objectives by level are aligned with the English Language Proficiency Standards for Adult Education (the New NRS and ELL Descriptors and the Revised Educational Functioning Level Descriptors).
Copyright © 2021 The Philadelphia English Language Institute - All Rights Reserved. Former Philadelphia School of Languages, Philadelphia Language Center, Wizard. AL Language Consultants Center for Business LLC. BCE, Better Communities through Education - USA
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder