Next Enrollment Period: April 1 - 16, 2022
Adult English Level 1
ELP: Level 1 / NRS: Level 2
This course is for learners with low beginning English language proficiency, who have basic overall English ability.
Level Goals: This course works to further develop students’ basic English skills, so that they can understand and communicate in everyday life (at home, with family) and professional settings (at work, at school).
Level Objectives: Through individual and group activities, students will practice:
● identifying key words in context such as in basic, spoken or written contexts
● writing sentences, notes, and basic paragraphs describing everyday topics, as well as personal skills and past/future plans
● recognizing and producing syllables and word endings
● gathering, recording, and producing information about relevance of the course topics to students’ community
● participating in conversations about everyday topics
Assessment: Students’ performance will be assessed based on their participation in classroom activities, homework completion, and performance in formative and summative in-class assessments.
NOTE: The above course goals and objectives by level are aligned with the English Language Proficiency Standards for Adult Education (the New NRS and ELL Descriptors and the Revised Educational Functioning Level Descriptors).
Copyright © 2021 The Philadelphia English Language Institute - All Rights Reserved. Former Philadelphia School of Languages, Philadelphia Language Center, Wizard. AL Language Consultants Center for Business LLC. BCE, Better Communities through Education - USA
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder